Well I said that I would post the very next day after such a downer post but guess what, time flies!! I am not sure what is going on with these migraines that I have but they are so random. I had yet another one yesterday after a year and 1/2 without one, Crazy wierd!! I have a neurologist appt on Thursday so maybe they can give me something at least to manage them. More on that later......
Now for the exciting part of my post. I just absolutely love the every 4 years that we get to experience the Olympics. I love every minute of it. I remember when I was a little girl and would pretend I was a gymnast and do flips and would practice my landings with my arms in the air waving proud to my audience, hee hee. As we were watching this week it was so neat to see my son working on his "Michael Phelps dive" on the bed. He was perfecting and wanting me to see how good he was at diving. He can't wait to get to the pool today to show me his real dive. I can't tell you the pride I felt last night as Jodie and I were watching the swimming relay finals. We were out of bed my husband jumping up and down and both of us glued to the tv to see if the American team would defeat the French. When they did the sense of pride we were feeling was almost overwhelming. We were so proud of them and we didn't even know them but they are representative of our home and our freedom and it was just powerful!! Thank you Jesus for the country that we live in and for the freedom that we are blessed with. I can't wait to watch the remaining competitions. My favorite events are of course swimming and gymnastics! We are rooting for them!!
Now for the controversial question.....Are those Chinese gymnasts really 16 years old? Hmmmm.....
Monday, August 11, 2008
Proud Moments
Posted by Amy Meek at 1:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I kept wanting to go to bed but couldn't stand to miss that relay. Richard and i sat on the sofa watching and found ourselves screaming and hollering when they won. I didn't realize I was that into it until I watched. It was awesome.
We were watching as well and when we started yelling both children came out of bed wondering what all of the noise was about...I am so glad that our team got the win and finally showed the French exactly what they can do!!
Amy Rendon was over doing laundry and the kids and Josh had gone to bed. We end up screaming and yelling, jumping up and down. Then we went into about a two minute laugh at how silly we probably looked! I am so glad we saw it!
I loved the race, too! Shay and I were both so excited! I hope you find something out about your migranes!
I know what you mean about being so proud. I find my self watching every event possible, even if I have no idea what the rules or point of the game is. Wes and I were both watching that race too....my whole body was so tense afterwards...I didn't even realize how into it I was until then.
Post a Comment