I am going to post a long one today so forgive me!! My mind is racing with thoughts.
First of all we went to a great women's retreat this past weekend in Ceta Canyon. The weather was amazing and the Lord really dealt with some issues of my heart. I was to speak to our singles group on Saturday morning. I had been preparing for this lesson for 2 weeks, reading books, the word, and just trying to get all of my thoughts on paper. I struggled the week before I was to speak with just not having a peace about what I was going to say. On Friday I typed out my notes, all 8 pages, single spaced, 12pt font. I was ready, but no peace! Saturday morning came and 2 hours before I was to speak I felt the Lord tugging on my heart to chunk my notes!!! What??? Chunk my 8 pages of single spaced comfort?? Yes, he told me to chunk my notes and speak from my heart. He told me to tell my testimony and to speak from my heart. That those pages were someone else's words (ie, all of the books I read on single women's struggles) not mine. So I was overcome with emotion and so I got out my bible and started going over my testimony and praying and the words were flowing and the peace of God which surpassed all understanding covered me from head to toe. I spoke to those single girls with such passion, compassion, and boldness. It was great!!
That was the overall theme of the weekend was "matters of the heart." What do you think of when something bad comes out of your mouth? What happens when we sin? What happens when we engage in wrong behavior? What happens when we dishonor our husbands? I learned and had huge revelation. So many times we try to clinch our fists and try to bite our tongue and we say, "I'm going to be "good" today," "I'm going to not say anything ugly today" "I am going to hide in a corner so I don't sin." When all along it is a matter of our hearts condition. Why did I say that ugly thing to that 6th grade student? Because in my heart I have put up an offense against that person. See our behavior and actions are "fruit" of our heart!! If we are allowing things to damage our hearts and dirty our hearts then what comes out of our mouths are damaging and dirty!! Huge revelation to me!! So instead of taming my tongue I go to the heart first and say God, give me a clean heart today! God cleanse my heart, give me a new heart and then all of the behaviors and ugly talk just kind of fades away without us trying so hard!!! Ok, I am through preaching, how bout some pics??
We had the best time hanging out!
Beautiful scenery!
Something, obviously was funny, I must've missed it!
Shelby dropped her beef jerky in her coffee, you had to be there!!
We had fun spoiling Kathy's baby since our babies were at home!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Thoughts on the Weekend....
Posted by Amy Meek at 7:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow...that is awesome! Here we were learing about matters of the heart and God was asking you to trust Him to lay the words on your heart for your talk!
GOOD TIMES!!!!!!!
Post a Comment