Thursday, June 12, 2008

MIA.....

It has been a while since my last post. I really thought when school ended I would slow down, WRONG! Two weeks have already come and gone and I just wonder where does the time go. I have been in workshops all this week, which by the way is not a good time for training on how to deal with children when you are finally so glad to be without school children!!! I found myself tuning out ALOT!! I really tried to stay focused and there was a lot of useful information but I am not ready to even think about next year's students or school period!!! So now that I am through beating that dead horse I will move on to what is going on in our world. We went to Jodie's parents the first weekend in June and had a lot of fun laying by the pool and hanging out with Jodie's family. Jett, I think still is wrinkled from the amount of time he stayed in that pool. I thought surely he was going to get tired of swimming but I had to pry him out of there. What could be more fun than spending two days in the pool with lots of cousins! We cooked out and had lots of fun playing cards. I am a big "Drunk Man's Rummy" lover (very odd-named card game). We got home Sunday and had a restful week.

Jax has been sleeping so much better! It is amazing, as soon as we were home from Jodie's parents and I really put forth the effort to "train" Jax to sleep and eat better it has been a life changing experience for us. I let Jax cry it out one nap period and he has gone from cat napping to sleeping 2 hours twice a day for his long naps and then he has short little naps in between those. He has gone from waking every 3 hours at night to sleeping 7-8 hours at night. I am so thankful for our progress with him. We have gone from having to constantly rock him or be near him for him to sleep to laying him in his own bed and him being able to put himself to sleep. Praise God!!! Thank you for answering our prayers!!! I have gone from a delirously tired momma to a rested more pleasant person to be around. Don't get me wrong him waking up at 6:30 in the mornings is not pleasant but at least those middle of the night wakings are minimizing and completely gone most nights.

So we are off today to my parents for the weekend and are looking forward to a fun time with them. I will post pictures when we get back.

0 comments: